ÌÅÒ-HRC, ÌÅÒ-ÍÂ, ÌÅÒ-HV
Miniature ultrasonic hardness testers
Hardness tester ÌÅÒ-HRC (ÌÅÒ-ÍÂ, MET-HV)
Hardness testers of MET-MINI series (ÌÅÒ-HRC, ÌÅÒ-ÍÂ, ÌÅÒ-HV) operate according to UCI-method - ultrasonic contact impedance method ( ASTM A 1038 and DIN 50159).
The probe and the electronic module of the hardness tester are combined in one miniature body. Vickers diamond pyramid is used as an indenter. Hardness testers ÌÅÒ-HRC, ÌÅÒ-ÍÂ, ÌÅÒ-HV are intended for hardness measurements of metal articles on Rockwell C, Brinell and Vickers scales at the load of 14.7N (1,5 kgf) and 49N (5 kgf).
Purpose:High-precision, reliable, simple and accessible hardness control of metal articles more than 1 mm thick, with no weight limitations. It will ideally suit you for product presorting.
Modifications:There exist the following modifications of the device depending on the load:
|Hardness scale||ÌÅÒ-Mini modifications|
|14,7 N( 1.5 kgf)||49 N ( 5 kgf)|
- Mini hardness testers promptly control the hardness of metals more than 1 mm thick.
- Simple, compact and easy-to-use. The probe and the electronic module are located in one miniature body which fits into your hand.
- High accuracy of measurements is ensured by the direct transfer of the hardness scale from the Russian primary standard machine to the hardness tester via reference hardness test blocks.
- External software, which is included into the hardness tester set, enables the user to calibrate the hardness tester using two hardness test blocks.
- The battery is charged via USB port.
- Solid aluminum body, modern design and well-thought-out ergonomics.
Area of application:
- Product presorting.
- Hardness control of pipelines and thin-walled constructions.
- Metal working.
- Blacksmith and welding engineering.
- Car service and repair.
- Cold gun hardness control.
- Acceptance / issue control of metal products.
Operating principle:ÌÅÒ-Mini hardness testers operate according to the ultrasonic contact impedance method (UCI-method). A Vickers diamond pyramid with a 136-degree angle between facets is used as an indenter. At the penetration of the pyramid into the tested article under the effect of a constant load there occurs a change in the indenter resonance frequency determined by the hardness of the sample.
The hardness tester is registered in the State register of measurement instruments of the Russian Federation (¹ 40419-09).
ÌÅÒ-HV50 mini hardness tester became a winner NDT-2012 exhibition!